1. Members will not discriminate against others based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, political belief or religion.
2. Members will maintain the highest level of personal and professional conduct. This includes, but is not limited to: taking sexual, psychological, emotion or financial advantage of students or clients.
3. Members will create all their own materials (websites, photographs, marketing material, etc.), and not plagiarize the work of others. If using another person’s copyrighted materials, permission must be granted and the author must be given credit.
4. Members will not teach if they are in a condition that compromises the quality of their instruction.
5. Members will continue their practice of Reiki as a lifestyle, and serve as role models for their students and the community.
6. Members will not attempt to diagnose, prescribe or treat disease and will at all times impress upon their students that Komyo ReikiDo™ treatment is for the purpose of relaxation only and is not intended as a substitute for qualified medical care or treatment by a licensed physician.
7. Members should only teach students who they believe to be competent and ethical. Certification should not be given to anyone who has insufficient training, poor morals or unethical conduct.
8. Members should report any member or prospective member who fails to abide and maintain this Code of Ethics to the Komyo ReikiDo™. This is to protect the name and reputation of the Komyo ReikiDo™, and to ensure all members, whether Student Practitioners or Certified Teachers, are adhering to the highest moral and ethical standards.
9. Members acknowledge that failure to abide and maintain the Code of Ethics may result in temporary or permanent suspension/termination of membership from the Komyo ReikiDo™ without refund of any fees paid, or other action as the Association sees fit.